In this episode you'll notice something new. That intro, so hot right now. We also rant about a few things.
Ted, Ronnie, and Barnabas take on listener-submitted "would you rather questions such as the following:
Would you rather only be able to wear 90's Christian t-shirts or have to sport a man bun?
These are just a sampling, so tune in for the full, tense, agonizing discussion.
In this episode we try something a little different. Since Ted co-authored a book several years ago called "Why We're Not Emergent" and since the key players in the Emergent movement keep rearing their heads we figured we'd do a "where are they now?" episode.
We follow up on Rob Bell, Mark Driscoll, Doug Pagitt, Dan Kimball, and Brian McLaren to see what they're doing now, what are they teaching now, and what their current hair styles might be.
We also get an important update from Ronnie on when the heck we'll get a new intro some we can lay the current one to rest with proper honors.
- Why are all the Christian singers good looking? Can't ugly people sing too? And what does this tell people about what it takes to be a successful Christian?
- At what point does a pastor's social media posts about his ministry excitement become overkill?
- A discussion of the proliferation of year-end book lists on blogs - helpful, braggy, or something else?
- Ronnie opens up about his post Christmas depression (PCD)
- When should star athletes or performers retire - Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, Bono, Paul McCartney, etc.?
- What do we think about New Year's resolutions and if we make any, what are they?
- A brief argument about the merits of cats and dogs
- Will our hosts participate in the Star Wars hubbub? Is the hubbub worth all the trouble?
- What are we to do when guys like Jerry Falwell Jr. or Franklin Graham make outlandish statements in response to Muslim extremists?
- Why is gluttony an acceptable sin for Christians, or at least one that never gets discussed?
- Ronnie may not be a "sports fan" but he does have one secret sports love
- Why do evangelical Christians feel so comfortable with Advent and celebrate it so much but kind of weird out about Lent?
- What's the deal with guilty pleasures? Why should anyone feel guilty about enjoying music or movies just because someone in skinny jeans says so?
- A little bonus chat about who would win the Heisman. Did Ted and Barnabas guess correctly?
- Get Calvinist swag for Christmas
- The best (and worst) Christmas movies
- Holiday nostalgia
- Strange and wonderful Christmas traditions (especially at the Piper house)
- Why are some Reformed pastors viewed as A listers (Piper, Keller, Chandler) and other are B Listers?
- Who tweets more egregiously on game days, @BarnabasPiper or @JaredCWilson?
- We sponsor our *own* show
- Rhonda Rousey is a huge star, but would we let our daughters fight like her?
- Can a creative force like M. Night Shyamalan bounce back after such an epic collapse?
- Drisky Business: what is Mark Driscoll up to these days, any how? (and of course we tell you HOW YOU SHOULD FEEL ABOUT IT)
What's the deal with people ranting about red cups and ranting about ranting about red cups. We respond by ranting about ranting about ranting about red cups.
We read through some iTunes reviews and discover that Homeschooling saves lives.
We discuss the uprising at the University of Missouri and, being white and reformed(ish) tell you precisely how to feel and think about it.
A new co-host is welcomed.
Why do "gospel-cetnered" people make so many new laws?
Why are all 30-something white guys expected to like whiney, Ryan Adams-y music?
Why are all professional sports coaches are loathe to take risks and try new things even when it makes sense?
Stephen officially announces his retirement from the podcast. Are adult Halloween parties acceptable? When is it okay to adopt a sports team as your own?
A special visit from Chaz Marriot! Draft Kings and Fan Duel insanity. Why our society needs losers like the Cubs.
Should Christians use curse words? What are the best, worst, and dumbest unwritten sports rules? What artists should cover other artists, like Ryan Adams did with Taylor Swift?
What's the deal with the Pope? Why are celebrity pastors reviled but the Pope gets a free pass? What pastors are like NFL coaches? What are Ted, Stephen, and Barnabas reading these days?
It's time for the first ever HAPPY RANT CCM TOUR. Are you ready for all the incredible goodness we've got packed in???
What are we to make of "squishy" church statements? Do Christians actually like Donald Trump? 2015 NFL predictions.
Does the Mark Driscoll comeback matter? Ted delivers the WORST radio interview ever. Do gender neutral toy aisles make any difference to Ted, Stephen, or Barnabas?
In this episode, Stephen, Ted, and Barnabas cheerfully rant about: the hilarious development of Sesame Street being on HBO, tips for new college students, and which pastors would make the best presidents.
In this episode, Stephen, Ted, and Barnabas cheerfully rant about: what we've been up to and why we've been absent. The strange article about Arian Foster's atheism. The controversy surrounding the Confederate flag.
In this episode, Stephen, Barnabas, and Ronnie Martin cheerfully rant about: Barnabas travels into the wild with his dad for a special outing. Why people love terrible movies. An honest evaluation of open letters.
In this episode, Stephen, Ted, and Barnabas cheerfully rant about: Is Caitlyn Jenner really courageous? Why does Ted hate the movie "Fargo"? What to do about the Planned Parenthood atrocity.
In this episode, Stephen, Ted, and Barnabas cheerfully rant about: The Christian version of Facebook that is taking off in Brazil. Whether or not weddings are getting over the top. Russell Wilson's recent comments about his abstinence.
In this episode, Stephen, Ted, and Barnabas cheerfully rant about: Should Christians really boycott other companies? Is it okay for Christians to smoke pot? What makes for a good movie sequel?